We are a friendly family-run bed and breakfast close to the Esplanade on Scarborough's South Cliff and aim to help all our guests enjoy a visit to Scarborough. Our bed and breakfast accommodation is a large Victorian semi-detached house with the guest lounge and dining room on the ground floor, and guest bedrooms on the first and second floor. There are steps to the front door, with all bedrooms upstairs. We have one double bedroom on the landing at the top of the first flight of stairs. Bedrooms vary in size but we have a number of spacious rooms and good sized en suites.
• You can contact us by telephone, e-mail or post. Information about The Waves and our rooms is shown on our website. Bookings can be made by phone or online through the secure booking system.
• We are within 400 metres of bus routes along Filey Road and West Street, and about 15 minutes walk or a short taxi ride from the station, which has a taxi stand and office.
• We are a few minutes walk away from local shops in Ramshill.
• The Cliff Lift to the Spa Complex and beach runs from the Esplanade about 5 minutes walk away.
• Staff are present in the house most, but not necessarily all, of the time, so we ask guests who have mobility, visual, or hearing impairment to warn us so that we can ensure suitable cover is provided.
Arrival and Car Parking Facilities
• Car parking on the street, by permit provided, and is usually available nearby. During busy holiday times spaces can be harder to find.
• Parking is also available on the driveway (vehicles left at owner's risk) by arrangement.
• Assistance is provided with luggage.
• The pathway is lit at night.
• We ask guests to advise us of their expected arrival time so we can be prepared for arrival, and can be called on arrival by the doorbell or telephone (number displayed on The Waves sign outside).
Main Entrance and Reception Area
• There is one guest entrance to the house. There is a small step up to the pathway from the footpath and there are four wide steps to the front door, with a handrail to one side.
• The main front door is usually open, with bell pushes both outside and inside the main door.
• The inside door is a glass door.
• Access is by key, and additional sets of keys can be provided.
Public Areas - Hall, Stairs, Landing, Corridors, etc
• The guest lounge and dining room are on the ground floor.
• There are 13 steps to the first landing, with one double bedroom off this landing, and 7 further steps to the other first floor bedrooms.
• There are a further 12 plus 6 steps to the second floor bedrooms.
• Bedrooms and stairs are carpeted throughout, with vinyl flooring in en suites.
Public Areas - Sitting room, Lounges, Lobbies, etc
• The dining room and lounge are on the ground floor.
• Corridors are wide.
• Bedrooms are on the second and third floors.
• There is a separate public WC on the first floor landing.
• The ground floor dining room is used for breakfast service.
• A buffet is provided for starters, although guests can be served on request.
• Main courses are selected in advance from the menu in the bedrooms and are served to the table. Large print menus can be provided on request.
• Seating is on dining chairs, with one table allocated to each room. Tables can be moved and joined together as required.
• We aim to satisfy special dietary requirements. Our breakfast menu is extensive and flexible; we ask guests discuss any special requirements in advance so we can explain the ingredients we use and make sure that we can provide suitable dishes.
Bedrooms and Sleeping Areas
• Bedrooms vary in size, and spacious rooms are available. We are happy to explain the rooms and discuss requirements before bookings are made.
• Rooms are carpeted.
• Rooms have wide entrance doors.
• Fire alarms are sound only. Guests are asked to advise us if they need to be warned or assisted in case of an alarm.
• Guests are taken to the room on arrival with facilities being demonstrated and any questions answered.
Bathroom, Shower-room and WC
• All double and twin rooms are en suite. The single room has a private bathroom which is along a corridor and down 7 steps.
• En suites vary in size. One room has a full en suite bathroom with bath and separate shower.
• Vinyl flooring is in en suites and bathroom.
• The Waves is no smoking throughout.
• Mobile phone access is generally good throughout the house.
• Fire evacuation instructions are shown in each room and large print versions can be provided on request.
• Digital Freeview TVs are provided in all bedrooms.
We welcome your feedback to help us continually improve. If you have any comments please phone 01723 373658 or email email@example.com